Fashion Friday's Ms. Matched
I am loving Balenciaga's new Fall/Winter 2012-2013 ad campaign. Juxtapositions are my favorite thing in fashion, whether it is as literal as combining dots and stripes in one outfit, or as philosophical as wearing a baseball shirt with a ball gown skirt. Balenciaga put a spin on rock t-shirts by making them out of satin and pairing them with formal accessories and bottoms. But if you can't wait for these tops to hit the stores, here are a few ways that you can easily coordinate traditionally opposing elements to create some new harmony.
START AT THE TOP
- Follow Halley Berry's lead and wear mismatched earrings.
- Use the same earrings in different colors or go all out and pick two of your favorites from your current collection.
- There are no rules here - don't be afraid to create your new set with a stud and a dangler.
Gold Mix & Match Medium Earrings by bombom Jewelry
LOOK FOR PATTERNS
- Striped french style tops and floral skirts are plentiful this season and an easy way to look chic.
- To maintain the right level of mismatching, select jewelry in tones that matches the floral.
- Ground the look with a beautiful brown leather bag.
Brass & Turquoise Bracelet by KTCollection
Charlotte Hobo by Corrente
NOW YOU'RE GETTING HOT
- Victoria's Secret model, Candice Swanepoel, has the on-trend summer look, mismatched swimwear.
- The most stylish way to stand out from the sea of bikini's on the beach.
Caipirinha Top with Margarita Bottom by K Belo
PLAYING IT COOL
- Pairing formal accessories with a casual outfit is the new "denim & diamonds".
- Your favorite tee and casual summer bottoms meet your bling.
- The easiest but most sophisticated look and allows you to be super comfortable and yet finely polished at the same time.
Valentine Heart by Susan Hanover
Journal Silver Envelope Clutch by Maria Cielo